Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Simple Is As Simple Does


Sometimes it's the simple things in life that makes us feel so good. This is no more true than when it comes to frocks we can throw on and walk out the door looking nothing less than fabulous.

It was Summer 2007. I remember my BF and I were headed to a Yankee v. Tampa game at Yankee Stadium. It was grossly hot out, we were taking the ferry, and I was having one of those days where I had absolutely nothing to wear. I ran (well, sprinted) over to American Apparel's Walnut St. location and picked up the first dress I saw, the Racerback Tank Dress ($32) in Asphalt. I barely got it over my head as I walked out the door, and as soon as I discombobulated myself, I glanced in a store-front window and thought, "Huh, pretty damn cute!"

From then on, I have had a simple yet adoring affinity for this no-frills piece. I wear mine over a white-ribbed tank, and accessorize minimally with a pair of cute sandals or flips and sunnies. I will say that it has gotten a good beating, and therefore, I am in desperate need of a refresh. I'm thinking of going bold with both a red and yellow one. They will without a doubt be my go-to's on any hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment