Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Beater Heaven


I have just found my new favorite wife beaters that are going to be the staple to all of my staples for not just the summer, but all year long.

Long and lean, one-size-fits-most, and the perfect strap thickness is what this 50% Supima cotton/50% Modal 2x1 Beater has by Michael Stars. Doesn't it look luscious? I ordered two, and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Now at this point you might be saying, "Why is she gushing over a white tank?" But ladies, I will tell you that the beater is that one item in my closet I can never have enough of.

I do have the packages of 3 for $9.99 that I wear to the gym, to yoga, and to bed. But, a gal also needs layering tanks that are suitable to wear out on the town either with a pair of jeans and a fab statement necklace, or under a sequin cardigan tucked into a high-waisted skirt.

Mine have always been by James Perse, the extra-long ones may I add. But at around $70 a pop (and the fact that they don't make them anymore in the cotton-modal blend...boo), I downsized, but certainly did not downgrade. $40 may sounds like a lot to some for a basic beater, but to me, it's a bargain and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment