Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hippie Fever


Another day, another wedding invitation. Now don't get me wrong, I am always excited to celebrate the nuptials of our closest friends; from fabulous food and gorgeous decor to the many glasses of bubbly and dancing all night until dawn. But, if you know me, you also know that the clothes are also on the top of my excitement list.

I have a rotation of about eight dresses for Saturday night affairs (daytime fetes are a whole other story). Most of my looks are short cocktail frocks with a few long ones thrown in there for some variety.

This fall, we have two weddings to attend as well as an anniversary party for my parents. So, I'm thinking that one or two more dresses need to be added to the bunch. I prefer to buy simple sheaths that can be accessorized to the max, or that already come with embellishments and all.

While perusing Shop Bop's phenomenal sale section, I stumbled across one of my favorite designers, Haute Hippie. Their clothes are a mix of casual-cool inundated with rocker-chic details. Easily transitioned from day-to-night and season-to-season, I have never gone wrong with one of their fabulous pieces. This Racer-back Tank Dress falls right into that category – perfectly.

First-and-foremost, I love the scoop-neck, racer-back combo – it's one of the most flattering necklines. Second, the metal rings cascading down the front exemplifies Haute Hippie's typical fierce style that I die over. And third, The entire back of the dress is silk, making it perfect for cocktail hour.

Because I'm planning on wearing it in the fall (for now), I'm going with the coal color, another element I love – a deferment from basic and expected black. Finally, HELLO SALE! Originally $375, it's been slashed to $262.50. Gunmetal slingbacks, a subdued clutch, and a bold and beautiful ring will have me witnessing I do in serious style.

1 comment: