Friday, September 25, 2009

Mood Changers

Lately (if you haven't noticed), my blogging has gone pretty much down the tubes. From feeling a bit overwhelmed with my work to my sluggish transition into fall, the blog has certainly suffered. And although I have been fervently aware of my need for a reboot, my soul has just not been in on it. Well, that was until I decided to not prolong a pick-me-up any longer, so I turned to some cool-weather loves: sweaters and boots.

I will tell you that the brisk air has never felt so good, and when I stopped into Saks on Monday, I was on the lookout for not just your plain old sweater, but something absolutely, sinfully and irresistibly fabulous.



Hello, lover! For whatever reason, Theory has a way of picking my mood right up, especially when it comes to a piece that is as unique and luxurious as the Floraine Striped Knit Cardigan. Color-blocked and funnel-necked, this cashmere-blend is just what I need to bring otherwise plain ensembles together. I picture it layered over my favorite skinny jeggings, a long tee and flats or boots.



Speaking of boots, for a couple of seasons, I have been on the hunt for the quintessential flat, knee-high boot. Although I have purchased one or two over the years, they have never been quite right.

So, on a whim, I stopped into Steve Madden this week (luckily during their buy one, get the second pair 1/2 off). Within a matter of minutes, I spotted, tried on and bought the ultra-cool, suede Montrell boots in black. Not only are they exquisitely comfortable, but they are high-fashion boots that can be worn just below the knee (when cuffed), or pulled on right over the knee for one of this season's hottest trends.

Oh, and the other pair I purchased? Well, wouldn't you know I found the perfect pewter platform to compliment my cocktail frocks. Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment