Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweater Come Hither


This week, I am all about the sweater. Yes, I know it's because I am completely sick of my summer wardrobe that I am anxiously awaiting for Labor Day to pass for the unofficial start of fall to begin. I love the jewel-tone hues of the leaves turning themselves over yet again, the smell of home-baked apple pies and the deliciously decadent apple cider donuts served up hot and fresh at the farmer's market.

The cozy days of fall have me longing for the sheer warmth of a cashmere sweater that is long, lean and perfectly comfortable. Its style is weekend casual, subtly sexy with a message of, "I'm here to stay all winter long."

This cool-weather mantra instantly comes to mind as I gaze at Vince's Hooded Cable Sweater. The knit wool is perfectly casual, yet as chic as can be. I'm going for the gray, which is to be layered over long black tunics and leggings of course. Once night falls, I will bury my curls in its all-encompassing hood as I sip rum spiked cider while sitting on my porch, or curled up on the couch immersed in my book of the moment. Cheers to you, Intermix.

1 comment: