Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Fashionably Frugal Tee


I will be the first to admit that I am a glutton for the ultra-soft feel of luxurious pima cotton tees that fit each and every curve to a...well, tee! When I was younger and the financial burden of furnishing my closet fell on my parents, I was definitely spoiled by the fabulous basic brands available at Tee Zone (such as Splendid, Michael Stars, C&C, Ella Moss, James Perse).

But nowadays (and in these economic times), it seems utterly silly to spend upwards of $50, $60, $70 for a garment that does nothing more than layer and be the perfectly basic piece that it is. However, when I would purchase tees from ubiquitous stores such as Gap, Banana Republic J. Crew, after a few washes (and definitely after one season), they would be out of shape, severely faded and horribly pilled. In comes my new finding.

I have searched high and low, and have finally succeeded at none other than Urban Outfitters by the likes of their Truly Madly Deeply Deep V Neck Tee ($24). It's an ultra-soft, pima cotton-blend piece that is long and lean, comes in a variety of juicy hues, and is absolutely perfect with just about anything. I kept it simple in black and dark gray, but the hot pink (in stores only) will certainly be finding itself on my shelves. I love wearing it with simple skinny jeans and a cardigan, or tucked into a cute mini skirt for a casual-chic look. And the best part...after countless washings, its charm (and fit) is still intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment