Monday, April 13, 2009

Summer Sandal Additions




Whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend, may have forgotten that sparkles have fierce competition with lady's footwear.

When it comes to my go-to favorites, I continually turn to the flat. And although I don't think there's anything sexier than a perfectly-pedicured foot showcased in a strappy stiletto, it's no secret that the comfort factor surely goes out the door.

In the colder months, I find myself reaching from a bevy of ballet flats and flat knee-high boots. Brands such as Frye, and Sigerson Morrison rank high on my list. Yet when the weather turns balmy, there is one man who stay firmly on my feet throughout the season: Bernardo.

And although Bernardo's own website spews its collection season after season, I have found that Sandal World combines a select group of of flat sandal brands (Mystique, Lily Pulitzer (McKim's) and Jack Rogers) that I continually reach for sunny day after sunny day.

This season, I am psyched to share two pairs that are as classic as they are in. The bright silver hue of the Bernardo Mistral($89) will be taking me across town and back. With metallics acting as a neutral during spring and summer, picture this flat with just about anything from long dresses and skirts, skinny or wide-leg jeans, shorts, minis, and more.

For a bit more casual look that even the sublime Jackie O favored with her crisp whites and perfectly-tailored shifts, I'll be slipping into the Bernardo Cork($89) sandals flecked with shavings of gold that will dazzle in the sunlight. Won't they be spectacular when paired with wide-leg white lined pants and a simple white tank? I simply cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment