Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Skirting The Issue



I fondly remember the J.Crew catalog during my tween/teen years as being one of the most exciting things to come home to – especially when it was spring and summer. The bathing suits – glorious, the sandals – spectacular. I could hardly wait to slip into a comfy pair of lounge pants or throw on a flirty dress for a party.

But as I grew older, J.Crew didn't quite relate to me. I became a bit edgier, as they stayed true to their ever-so preppy style. It wasn't until recently that I began taking a peak ever so often at their online closet, which through the years developed a chic and sophisticated look (along with a pricier price point). And though I don't visit it everyday, there are those time when I'm looking for something a little bit pretty that I head on over to see what's on sale.

Take for example this fantastic Metallic Silk Mini ($58 from $78). It's a perfect convergence of dressed-up fabric meets casual silhouette. The pockets are charming, and the elastic waistband offers a pull-on style that is as comfortable as it is beautiful.

I must tell you that I purchased this in-store in a gorgeous silver hue, but they sadly did not have this eye-popping nectar, which is divine. I'll be wearing mine with simple tanks and tees jazzed up with a chunky statement necklace. Throw on a pair of flats, a slouchy hobo (for day) or a clutch (at night) and you're ready for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment