Thursday, August 27, 2009

Weekending

I am a lover of fall. From the slight chill in the air and jewel-toned leaves, to cozy comfort dishes and apple cider donuts; aside from summer, it is my favorite time of year.

Weekends are also a big part of why I adore this season so. There's nothing I enjoy doing more than strolling through the city with my honey, hand-in-hand. We shop, devour delicious lunches, greet friends on the street and so forth. But for every weekend, there must be a perfect outfit that will take me from the park during the day to an early movie at night.

During warm months, I don pieces that are bright and reminiscent of lazy days in St. Barth and warm, breezy nights in Capri. I bask in jeweled sandals, colorful dresses and flowing tops. But when the leaves turn, so does my color palate. Black and brown as well as black and navy are two favorite combos I return to time and again.



Splendid tees and tops that feel like butter next to your skin. But, don't think that they're anything ordinary. This semi-sheer
Very Light Jersey Tunic is the epitome of a what a transitional garment should be. Long sleeved and tunic-styled, but as light as can be.



For bottoms, I tend to go skinny in style. Whether it be a pair of leggings, denim, or something fabulous that comprises them all in one. Juicy Couture has made me a devout fan of their Denim Zip Leggings. Just the right amount of stretch combined with a slim silhouette and detail that is to die for, I will be happy as a camper to strut around in these.



Flats are essential for fall. Don't get me wrong, I live for my boots, but when the temps are still a bit timid, a great ballet such as this Block Patent Kitty will take you far and go with just about anything.

And now, there's nothing more a gal needs other than a great scarf, a Leather Bomber and her favorite bag.

2 comments:

  1. Bloch makes the best flats! I have them in just about every color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to say this, but those black pants make that girl's you-know-what look enormous. If you want thunder-thighs and a lot of construction workers hooting and hollering over your giant butt, go for it. Otherwise, don't think about buying them!

    ReplyDelete